Saturday 17 September 2011

My First Celeb

Being in London I knew that at some point I'd see someone famous, like properly famous, not just some regional maybe-is that shows up for photo ops every chance they get (supermarket openings, voxpops for regional news snippets, funerals of other non-famous people) because they aren't famous anymore or worse never were (except for some time they slabbered at someone on the radio or their band played support for a nearly famous band or had a number 2 hit in an obscure country [that last one is alright actually - if only they'd go there and stay]).

Anyways there I was in Camden a couple of days ago, browsing through clothes in the market and who should I come across but Kaya Scoled, Kaya Scodol, Kaya scodeler Effie from Skins.


Her face when she realised I was staring at her


I was getting reading to bang out my best London Lines Danny Dyer style, just taking a minute to go through my lines, and when I looked up again she had disappeared into the crowd.

That's how it is in London. You get one chance and then it's, oh fuck I don't know I'm just pissed off it didn't happen. Now I don't have some story to sell to the tabloids about me and some bird from Skins. I could really do with the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment